Instructions to the Candidates who are going to appear at 1st./2nd Half yearly language test in Odia Examination to be conducted by the Board of Secondary Education : Odisha
- Candidates are required to obtain forms from the Zonal Offices of the Board located at Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Balasore, Sambalpur and Berhampur free of cost or download from this website.
- The centre of Examination shall be fixed up in a recognised High School located at Headquarters where there are zonal offices of the Board
- A Bank Draft for Rs. 200/- or any amount as notified by the Board from time to time in favour of the Secretary, Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, Cuttack- I to be drawn on any National Bank at Cuttack. The candidate must sign in full on the back side of the Bank Draft.
- Fees once paid shall neither be refunded nor kept reserved for adjustment for subsequent examinations
- The filled in application form shall be submitted at the zonal office of the Board where the candidate desires to appear at the Examination within stipulated time limit notified earlier.
- The following documents are to be submitted by the candidates at the time of submitting the application form duly filled in.
- Xerox copy of the certificate for verification of the date of birth.
- Three recent passport size photographs duly attested by a gazetted officer.
- Application form shall contain certificate from the employer or Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer as the case may be.
- The following categories of candidates shall be allowed to appear at the half yearly language test Examination in Odia.
- Officers serving under Govt. of Odisha whose mother tongue is other than Odia.
- Others who have passed H.S.C. Examination / Examination conducted at the end of Class VII with M.I.L other than Odia.
- Any other candidate, prosecuting studies in the State of Odisha with M.I.L. other than Odia.
8. The question shall be of VII Class standard
- There will be two types of questions.
- Written Test of one hour duration for 40 marks. The question papers shall contain translation from Odia to English 20 marks and from English to Odia 20 marks
- Oral Examination for 30 marks.
The Oral Examination shall contain :
- Reading a passage 10 marks
- Short talks on any item 10 marks.
- Dictation 10 marks.
- 50% marks of each question in written and oral examination is to be secured by the candidate in order to pass Language Test Examination
- Admit Cards shall be sent to respective Centre Superintendents which shall be collected by the candidates on production of the intimation letter issued by the Deputy Secretary of the Zonal offices of the Board.